Monday, March 3, 2008

Birthday Trip











Another volunteer and I took a birthday trip this past weekend to the "Cascades'd Ouzoud," which we had heard were the the most beautiful waterfalls in Morocco. I must say, having grown up in good ol' Sioux Falls SD, a city named for this phenomenon of water meeting gravity, I feel I have the right to judge the awesomeness of waterfalls with reasonable authority--and the falls at Ouzoud were spectacular!



We had quite the weekend of hiking adventures in the area, and aside from sharing a cab with some fun polish guys along with an Iranian-Lebanese American and his Irish girlfriend, here were some of the highlights in pictures:

1. Pretty Falls

2. Crossing a "Bridge"

3. Finding a stray donkey (only in Morocco...)

4. Yes, that's a Bob Marley themed campground

5. On our way back, the ferry guy who had taken us across was on gone on lunch break. After seeing this bridge, we realized why there was a ferry guy in the first place. Unfortunately, he was gone and we needed to cross somehow... I will, however, refrain from revealing how that was accomplished because it will help my mother sleep better at night.

No comments: